Fair Square Medicare, a San Diego, CA-based tech-enabled concierge healthcare platform for seniors, raised $15m in Series A funding.
The round was led by Define Ventures with additional participation from Slow Ventures, YCombinator (YC) and angel investors. As part of the investment, Chirag Shah will join the Fair Square Medicare Board of Directors.
The company, which has raised $19 million to date, intends to use the funds to launch new services that can assist seniors with more parts of their healthcare journey, including:
- Finding and scheduling appointments with preferred providers;
- Setting up annual preventive health and dental services;
- Finding the lowest-available price on their prescriptions;
- Providing access to digital health services that help them manage chronic conditions;
- Enabling instant access to all health insurance benefits; and
- Accessing on-demand consultations with a clinician to answer impromptu health questions.
Launched in 2020 out of YC by Daniel Petkevich, CEO, Fair Square Medicare is a digital health platform that helps seniors navigate the complex maze of available Medicare coverage options. The platform also includes a web portal that allows them to take full advantage of their available benefits.
The company currently operates in 49 states and Washington D.C.