Raise Ventures, a Paris, France-based venture capital firm, held the first close of its first fund, at €60m.
A dozen of French groups and entrepreneurs, including Bouygues, Danone, L’Oreal and Michael Benabou (co-founder of vente-privee.com), participated in the offering.
The fund has a finale target size of €100m.
Raise Ventures backs French and European entrepreneurs exploiting innovative technologies and business models and to support their development, particularly internationally. The firm is investing between €500k and €7m in innovative and fast-growing startups.
The fund’s first investments include:
– Bird Office, a meeting room booking platform for a round table meeting, and
– Jabmo, an account-based marketing specialist.
The team includes:
– Gonzague Blignières, Co-founder,
– Clara Gaymard, Co-founder,
– Angelique Elizé, Associate,
– Marion Grégoire, Associate,
– Pierre-Edouard Berion, Partner, and
– François Collet, newly appointed Partner.
Collet brings his experience and expertise to Raise. A graduate of ESSCA, he began his career in 2004 in LBO financing at Crédit Agricole CIB in Frankfurt. In 2006, Collet joined CM CIC Capital Privé, making a dozen early stage investments including ManoMano, Chauffeur Privé, LeKiosk and Webinterpret.
In 2015, Collet became a Partner at 360 Capital Partners where he invested in early stage startups such as Tiller Systems, Bergamotte, Foodchéri, Exotec Solutions and Alsid, among others.