BigRentz, an Irvine, CA-based construction equipment rental network, raised $15m in funding.
The round was led by ITOCHU Corporation. Masa Yoshikawa, Manager, Construction Machinery Section, Construction Machinery & Industrial Machinery Department, ITOCHU, will join BigRentz’s Board of Directors.
The company is using the funds for organic growth and acquisition plans. The investment was used to acquire Atlanta-based Equipment Management Group (EMG), a national site services provider, and the previously announced merger with Lizzy Lift.
Led by Scott Cannon, Chairman and CEO, BigRentz is an online construction equipment rental marketplace featuring 2,500 partners with 8,500 rental yards across the country.
Types of equipment rented include
- aerial equipment: boom lifts and scissor lifts;
- material handling equipment: forklifts and telehandlers;
- earthmoving equipment: backhoes, skid steers, and dozers;
- site services: dumpsters, light towers, and storage containers; and
- specialty rentals for a variety of industries.