BostonGene, a Boston, Mass-based biomedical software company, raised US$50M in Series A funding.
NEC Corporation (NEC; TSE: 6701) made the investment.
The company intends to use the funds:
– to accelerate its long-term strategy,
– enable the expansion of its development efforts,
– advance its collaboration programs, and
– support the growth of its team.
Founded in 2015 and led by Andrew Feinberg, President and CEO, BostonGene is pioneering the use of biomedical software for advanced patient analysis and personalized therapy decision making in the fight against cancer. Its solution performs analytics to aid clinicians in their evaluation of viable treatment options for each patient’s individual genetics, tumor and tumor microenvironment, clinical characteristics and disease profile.
The solution includes:
– Genome and transcriptome sequencing methods to create a patient’s molecular profile.
– Algorithms that estimate the immune fitness and cancer characteristics of a patient.
– A continuously updated expert-curated and Artificial Intelligence (AI)-driven database of cancer research and clinical information.
– Cloud-native software that delivers a patient-prioritized list of best treatment options based on comprehensive data analysis of the tumor and its microenvironment.