Xynomic Pharma, a Dover, DE- and Shanghai, China-based oncology drug development company, completed a Series B crossover financing of undisclosed amount.
The round was led by Northern Light Venture Capital, Zhongshan Bison Healthcare Investment Limited and Hakim Unique Internet Company Limited, with participation from existing investors Prosperico Ventures and Mr. Yinglin Mark Xu, Xynomic Pharma’s founder and Chairman.
Xynomic Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company.
It will use the funds to initiate eight clinical trials, four of which are pivotal, in the next 12 months:
– the lead drug candidate Abexinostat (Abex) combined with Pazopanib to treat patients with locally advanced or metastatic renal cell carcinoma (global pivotal, fast track designation, protocol already OK’ed by the US FDA);
– Abex as a monotherapy against r/r follicular lymphoma (global pivotal, accelerated approval, protocol already OK’ed by the US FDA);
– Abex as a monotherapy against r/r follicular lymphoma in China (pivotal trial);
– Abex as a monotherapy against r/r diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) in China (pivotal trial);
– Abex combined with Imbruvica against r/r DLBCL and r/r mantel cell lymphoma (Phase 1/2, in partnership with Janssen and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center);
– Abex combined with Keytruda against multiple solid tumors (Phase 1b, in partnership with University of California, San Francisco);
– Abex combined with a leading breast cancer drug against Estrogen Receptor (ER)+ breast cancer (Phase 1/2);
– Xynomic’s XP-102 (a 2nd generation, potentially best-in-class pan-RAF inhibitor) against colorectal cancer and melanoma (Phase 1).