Malt, a Paris, France-based freelance platform, raised $25m in funding.
The round was led by Idinvest, with participation from existing investors ISAI and Serena.
The company intends to use the capital to expand operations and its reach to Germany and the Netherlands.
Launched in 2014 by Vincent Huguet, Hugo Lassiège and Jean-Baptiste Lemée, Malt is a marketplace that connects companies of all sizes with freelancers in a given area and offers tools to manage the professional service, from proposal to final payment.
Freelance categories in the site include:
– Developers & Data Scientists
– Motion Designers & Directors
– Writers & Community Managers
– Graphic Designers & Photographers
– Project Managers & Agile Coaches
– Consultants & Business Developers
– Systems Administrators & DBA
– Webmarketing, Marketing & Analytics Specialists
– Hardware & Robotics Engineers
– Textile & Product Designers
Launched in France, the company then expanded to Spain. It now has over 100,000 freelancers who have served over 60,000 clients.
Malt employs a team of approx. 100 people in Paris, Lyon, and Madrid.