Timescale, the NYC-based company behind the open-source time-series SQL database, raised $15m in Series A1 financing.
The round, which brought total funding to over $31m, was led by Icon Ventures with participation from existing investors Benchmark, NEA, and Two Sigma Ventures.
The company intends to use the funds to continue to build the team.
Led by Ajay Kulkarni, Co-Founder & CEO, Timescale develops TimescaleDB, an open-source time-series database that scales for fast ingest and complex queries while natively supporting full SQL. TimescaleDB is deployed in production all around the world in a variety of industries including Telecom, Oil & Gas, Utilities, Manufacturing, Logistics, Retail, Media & Entertainment, and more. or follow @TimescaleDB.
Along with the new financing, the company has announced a new release of its database, TimescaleDB 1.2, which enables its open-source core to be complemented with community features (Timescale License) and enterprise features (Commercial License).
New features include:
– Advanced time-series analytical functions: gap filling, LOCF, interpolation
– Data reordering for faster queries
– Self-tuning data chunk sizing for optimized performance
– Automated data lifecycle management (enterprise feature)
In addition, Timescale offers the following enterprise services:
– Schema design and query optimization
– Production deployment assistance
– Enterprise-level SLAs
– Warrants and indemnifications