Bain Capital Ventures raised $1 billion for its newest venture capital funds.
The new funding includes:
– a $650m core fund,
– a $250m co-investment fund for larger growth investments, and
– over $100m from the partners at Bain Capital.
Led by Ajay Agarwal, managing director, Bain Capital Ventures invests the new funds in early through growth-stage technology startups that are disrupting major industries, including SaaS, infrastructure software, security, commerce, fintech and healthcare.
Since its first dedicated venture fund in 2001, the firm has helped launch and commercialize more than 240 companies, including DocuSign, Jet.com, Kiva Systems LinkedIn, Rapid7, Rent the Runway, SendGrid, SurveyMonkey, Taleo, TellApart and Turbonomic.
It has $4.9 billion in assets under management with offices in San Francisco, New York, Boston and Palo Alto.
Bain Capital Ventures’ active portfolio include:
– SaaS: Gainsight, FourKites
– Infrastructure Software: Redis Labs, Turbonomic
– Security: Attivo Networks, LeapYear
– Commerce: Rent the Runway, ShipBob
– Fintech: AvidXchange, Justworks
– Healthcare: AbleTo, Remedy Partners
Bain recently launched a network investing program in spring 2017 to grow a vetted network of angel investors, providing exposure to hundreds of seed and Series A opportunities annually.