Fine Sounds, a Milan, Italy-based provider of hi-end audio products, has been acquired by LBO France and Yarpa.
Quadrivio sold Fine Sound in a Management Buy Out.
Following the deal, whose amount was not disclosed, the management team will continue to lead the company mantaining the manufacturing units in Italy and in the USA and follow the execution of their development and internationalization plans.
Led by Mauro Grange, CEO, Fine Sounds provides hi-end products through brands such as:
– Sonus Faber, a leader in production and distribution of high-end loudspeakers and sells its products in over 50 countries;
– Audio Research Corporation, a company for valve amplifiers;
– Wadia, a producer of digital audio amplifiers Apple compatible;
– Sumiko, a distributor of hi-end audio products in USA and Canada; and
– McIntosh, a producer and distributor of amplificators and components in high-end audio market.
It has a turnover of more than $80m (mainly in the USA and Asia).
The group was the result of a “buy and build” strategy created by Quadrivio, which had invested in Sonus Faber in 2007 and then acquired Audio Research (2008), Sumiko (2010), Wadia (2011) and McIntosh Laboratories (2012).