Motif Analytics, a San Francisco, CA-based data analytics startup, raised $5.7M in Seed funding.
The round was led by Amplify Partners and Felicis, with participation from the InvestInData angel group.
The company intends to use the funds to expand operations and development efforts.
Founded by Mikhail Panko, CEO, and Theron Ji, CTO, Motif Analytics is an analytics product used to answer complex business questions through analyzing event sequences. It solves this by providing an interactive data wrangling, visualization and exploration experience to find insights in event sequences – “motifs”.
Motif is built on 5 key innovations, which come together to speed up exploratory analysis:
- Rich interactive sequence visualizations for identifying patterns in user and business flows
- Small set of sequence operations to query flow data the way analysts think – most practical queries take less than 10 lines of code
- Incremental query engine to trade between query precision, speed and cost according to analyst’s needs
- AI for identifying conversion predictors in event sequences using neural network models behind breakthrough LLM products like ChatGPT (adopted to model sequences of events instead of words)
- In-browser local mode to experience Motif capabilities on proprietary data instantly without setup, data prep or data sharing.