Dayone Capital, a Shenzen, China-based private equity firm, closed Dayone Capital Fund I L.P. its first USD-denominated fund, at USD630m.
As a debut fund, Dayone Fund I was backed by a group of top global institutional investors, including sovereign funds, fund of funds, family offices as well as leading Chinese internet and consumer strategics.
Founded by Allen Chen, a proven consumer entrepreneur and experienced investor, Dayone is a multi-stage consumer investment manager that focuses on long-term investment opportunities in selective consumer verticals that are subject to structural changes over the next decade. The core team is comprised of seasoned serial entrepreneurs, investment veterans from top-tier investment institutions, and experts with senior management level operational experience.
So far, Dayone Fund I has invested in over ten consumer companies across the spectrum. The portfolio includes:
- Heytea, a premium tea drink chain;
- Dim Sum Bureau of Momo, a Chinese bakery chain;
- HotMaxx, leader in closeout food and groceries chain;
- WonderLab, a Gen-Z health supplements brand;
- Pop Mart, a Chinese designer toy brand;
- Li Auto, a Chinese electric vehicle manufacturer;
- Baoyun Liquor, a high-end Baijiu producer;
- Robosen, a consumer AI robot maker;
- NeoBio, a premium indoor amusement centers for kids;
- Hesung, a cross-border e-commerce company specializing in home and kitchen appliances;
- Four Smile, a dental clinic chain specialized in invisible orthodontics.