Ocean Azul Partners, a Miami, Florida-based venture capital firm, closed its second fund with total commitments exceeding $40M.
Ocean Azul Partners is an early-stage venture capital that primarily focuses on B2B software and deep tech companies that have early traction and clear differentiation, either solving new challenges created by emerging technologies and trends or are focusing on established industries that are ripe for disruption.
While fundraising, Ocean the firm invested in 9 companies: Digbi Health, Emerge, Simetric, 1Touch.io, Lynq Technologies, Bandwango, Mosaic, Swift Sync, and 5×5 Technologies. Once fully invested, the fund expects to have 20 to 24 core portfolio companies. Of these, Azul is aiming for 20% to be Israeli companies that have a U.S. market focus. As one of the early venture capital firms in South Florida, Ocean Azul supports the local ecosystem. Given this, in addition to its core investments, the fund has allocated up to 5% of its capital to Florida companies that may not yet meet all of its investment criteria.
In operation since 2017, the firm is led by its five partners, including:
- Bill Pruitt, angel investor and Managing Partner of Arthur Andersen in Florida, the Caribbean, and Venezuela until 1999
- Salomon Sredni, angel investor and until 2016, CEO of Nasdaq-traded TradeStation Group, which he took public and later sold to TSE-traded Monex Group
- Alex Tellez, angel investor and tech entrepreneur; founder of Cellit Technologies, which he sold to Aspect Software, and Neutralogistics, which he sold to STG Logistics
- Lisette Tellez, former managing partner of Dorm Room Fund; MIT Computer Science & Engineering; Committee Member of LatinxVC
- David Zinn, co-founder, angel investor, and experienced startup operating advisor; founding CFO of DealerUps, acquired by JM Family Enterprises; Florida Venture Forum board of directors