Around, a distributed next-generation video collaboration service, raised $10M in Series A funding.
The round, which brought total funding raised to date to $15.2M, was led by Wing Venture Capital, with participation from Forerunner Ventures and Slack Fund.
The company intends to use the funds to continue to expand its operations and development efforts.
Led by Dominik Zane, CEO and founder, Around provides a video collaboration service featuring:
- Hover: a compact video interface that sits on top of collaborative applications, allowing participants to work on documents together without losing visual contact
- Anti-fatigue video modes with automatic touch-up to minimize appearance-related distractions
- Noise-cancellation with proprietary AI that eliminates distracting noises like coughs, laptop fans, sirens and barking dogs
- EchoTerminator which allows hybrid-remote teams to collaborate with multiple laptops in one space without audio feedback
- Slack integration
- One-click browser-based attendance so anyone can join a call, even if they don’t have Around.
The company operates fully remotely with team members in the US, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia, Spain and Switzerland.