Salesforce [NYSE: CRM], the global leader in CRM, launched a second $100m Impact Fund from Salesforce Ventures, the company’s global strategic investment arm.
The new fund will accelerate the growth of cloud companies addressing some of today’s most pressing needs including:
- education and reskilling,
- climate action,
- equity and inclusion, and
- providing tech for nonprofits and foundations.
The new fund will invest in companies delivering solutions that address today’s urgent and interwoven crises:
- Education + Workforce Development: Companies enabling equal access to high-quality education, reskilling and preparing workers for jobs of the future.
- Sustainability: Companies creating better access to clean energy, improving resource efficiency and supply chain performance and developing new technologies that will help address climate change.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Companies developing tools that promote equal opportunity and economic empowerment for women and underrepresented groups, as well as investing in women and underrepresented founders.
- Social Sector Technology: Companies amplifying impact for nonprofits, foundations and public sector customers through technology that increases efficiency and transparency.
In 2017, Salesforce Ventures introduced its first $50 million Salesforce Ventures Impact Fund to support a new generation of startups that are focused on driving positive social change. To date, this fund has invested in more than 25 companies to help accelerate their impact around the world.