Voro, a NYC-based healthcare social network where people share doctor recommendations with their friends and neighbors, raised $2.5m in seed funding.
The round was led by FLOODGATE with participation from:
– James Beshara, Founder and CEO of Tilt;
– Jenny Fielding, Managing Director of Techstars;
– Nat Turner, Co-Founder and CEO of Flatiron Health;
– Zach Weinberg, Co-Founder and President of Flatiron Health;
– Vivek Garipalli, Founder and CEO of Clover Health;
– Thomas Lehrman, Co-Founder of Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) and Teamworthy Ventures;
– Kevin Taweel, Founder and CEO of Asurion;
– Gerald Risk, Vice Chairman of Asurion;
– Matt Scott, Managing Partner of AVG Basecamp Fund;
– Greg Arrese, Founder of Ride Ventures;
– Robin Shah, Founding Member of OneOncology; and
The company intends to use the funds to continue to expand operations and its business reach.
Led by Tomas Hoyos and Drew Tunney, Voro is a healthcare social network where people share doctor recommendations with their friends and neighbors.
The company has tens of thousands of users with a particular focus in New York City.