Altitude Networks, a San Francisco, CA-based cloud collaboration security platform, closed a $9m Series A funding.
The round was led by Felicis Ventures with participation from Slack Fund, previous investor Accomplice, and a personal investment from Alex Stamos. Aydin Senkut, founder and managing director of Felicis, will join the board.
The capital will be used to fund the company’s growth and customer acquisition strategies.
Co-founded by Michael Coates and Amir Kavousian, Altitude Networks has developed and launched a cloud collaboration security platform to provide improved security, governance and compliance for G Suite, Box, Office 365, Slack and others. For organizations of all sizes who use SaaS or cloud applications, the solution protects companies against unauthorized data access, accidental or malicious sharing to unintended individuals, and data theft.
Designed for companies of any size, Altitude Networks integrates directly into cloud applications and provide continuous protection without endpoint software agents or network proxy devices.
Companies are using the solution to fill the gap of security in cloud collaboration for multiple threats including:
– Protecting intellectual property from theft by offboarding employees
– Validating ex-contractors don’t have residual access to data through other accounts
– Preventing sharing of critical internal files to personal accounts
– Blocking inadvertent internal sharing of sensitive or privileged files to the entire company
– Identifying and remediating public access to critical company files