Core Industrial Partners LLC, a Chicago, IL-based industrials-focused private equity firm, closed its fund with total commitments of $230m.
Core Industrial Partners Fund I was oversubscribed with demand in excess of an initial target of $200m and initial hard cap of $225m.
Limited partners come from a diversified base of institutional investors including university endowments, insurance companies, public pensions, corporate pensions, foundations, asset managers, family offices, and fund of funds.
Led by John May, Founder and Managing Partner, Core is a private equity firm investing in North American lower middle-market manufacturing and industrial technology businesses in the following verticals:
– Aerospace & Defense
– Automotive & Transportation
– Building & Infrastructure Products
– Electrical & Power Products
– Food Manufacturing
– Highly Engineered Components
– Machinery & Equipment
– Paper & Packaging
– Test Measurement & Automation
– Specialty Materials, Textiles, & Chemicals
The firm partners with business owners and management teams to acquire companies with revenues up to $200m, and transaction sizes up to $150m.
The team is comprised of experienced former CEOs and investment professionals with shared beliefs, deep experience and a proven track record of building market-leading businesses.
Beyond May, the team includes:
– Frank Papa, Senior Partner
– TJ Chung, Senior Partner
– Matthew Puglisi, Partner
– Stephen Lee, CFO / COO / CCO
– Ronald Rascia, Vice President
– Carissa DeJacimo, Vice President, Business Development
– Adam Miller, Vice President, Business Development
– Mason Sandy, Associate.