Oak HC/FT, a Greenwich, Connecticut-based venture capital firm focused on healthcare and fintech companies, closed its second fund, at $600M.
With Oak HC/FT II, the firm will continue to further the efforts around partnering with tech-enabled Healthcare and FinTech companies attacking on quality issues, inefficiencies, and poor customer experiences that persist across the Healthcare and Financial Services markets including:
- high drug costs,
- treating patients with complex medical conditions,
- modernizing payment systems and insurance frameworks, and
- reducing financial fraud/waste/abuse.
Backed companies include Aspire Health, Hometeam, and VillageMD that are improving medical care and reducing spending; Quartet Health, US HealthVest, and Axial that are better managing high-cost populations; Limeade, LDI, and Maestro Health that are improving health and spending for employers; Feedzai that uses machine-learning to reduce financial fraud; Poynt, Urjanet, and FastPay that are streamlining payment data and processing; and Trov and Insureon that are modernizing insurance delivery.
Beyond co-founders Annie Lamont, Andrew Adams, and Tricia Kemp, the team includes:
– Anil Aggarwal (Venture Partner, FinTech)
– David Black (Technology Partner, Healthcare/FinTech)
– Nancy Brown (Venture Partner, Healthcare)
– Chirs Price (Venture Partner, Healthcare)
– Ezekiel J. Emanuel, M.D. PH.D. (Venture Partner, Healthcare)
– Michael Heller (Venture Partner, FinTech)
– Jonathan Weiner (Venture Partner, FinTech)
– Matt Streisfeld (Principal, FinTech)
– Vignesh Chandramouli (Senior Associate, Healthcare)
– Jack Carter (Analyst, Healthcare)
– Oivind Lorentzen (Analyst, FinTech)
– Michelle Daubar (Principal, Investor Relations & Communications)
– Ravi Singh (Controller)