Dosh, an Austin, Texas-based app that finds cash for consumers when they use their credit and debit cards while shopping, dining out, and traveling, raised $2m in seed funding.
The company, which has now raised more than $6m in total funding, intends to use the capital to further enhance the platform and drive both merchant expansion and customer acquisition during launch.
Led by Ryan Wuerch, Dosh has developed technology that includes a consumer app, mobile wallet, and merchant platform integrating a cash back offers ecosystem utilized through secured credit and debit cards to enable consumers to get cash back automatically from more than 100,000 merchants and brands while shopping, dining, and traveling – all without thinking and working for it.
Dosh is now entering private beta.
The company’s team includes:
– Ed Mock, co-founder and executive vice president of product and innovation
– Mike Lohner, co-founder and chief strategy officer
– Moshe Joshua, chief technology officer
– Jeff Federman, chief revenue officer
– Allyn Hebner, chief financial officer
– Chris Turnley, chief commercial officer
– Huntley Tarrant, senior vice president of operations
– Kenneth Douglas, senior vice president of mobile wallet solutions
– Ted Mooney, senior vice president of merchant and travel solutions
– Marcy Comer, vice president of marketing
– Joy Jamon, vice president of customer delivery & support.
Charles Kim of China Renaissance Group is an investor in Dosh.