Razorpay, a Bangalore, India-based payment gateway, raised $9m in Series A funding.
The round was led by Tiger Global with participation from Matrix Partners.
The company, which has raised $11.5m in total, intends to use the funds to scale up the team and infrastructure.
Launched in March 2015 by Shashank Kumar and Harshil Mathur, Razorpay offers payment gateway solutions which allows online merchants to provide customers with a streamlined payment experience and not leaving the website throughout the process, avoiding multiple redirects for every payment and lack of APIs.
The company also said it had previously raised a seed round led by Matrix Partners, Y Combinator and a total of 33 angel investors including:
– Snapdeal founders, Kunal Bahl & Rohit Bansal
– Inmobi Founders, Abhay Singhal, Amit Gupta & Naveen Tewari
– Freecharge founders, Kunal Shah & Sandeep Tandon
– Punit Soni, Flipkart CPO
– Bill Gajda (SVP, Global Head of Innovation, Visa)
– Jeff Huber (SVP, GoogleX)
– Ram Shriram, Board member and an early investor in Google, and
– Justin Kan, YCombinator partner and Twitch Founder