Academy Securities, a registered broker-dealer and certified Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise, closed on a Series A Financing.
The amount of the deal was not disclosed.
– John Mack, former Chairman & CEO of Morgan Stanley,
– Stephen Friedman, former Chairman & CEO of Goldman Sachs,
– Joseph Grano, former Chairman & CEO of UBS PaineWebber,
– Denis Nayden, former Chairman & CEO of GE Capital and Managing Partner of Oak Hill Capital Partners,
– Vincent Viola, former Chairman of the NYMEX and Chairman of Virtu Financial,
– Howard Milstein, Chairman & CEO of Emigrant Savings Bank, and
The company intends to use the funds to expand its business operations and continue to hire and train military veterans in areas like capital markets, trading, investment banking and municipal finance.
Led by and Phil McConkey, President, and Chance Mims, Chairman & CEO, Academy Securities is an institutional broker dealer that brings together U.S. military veterans and seasoned industry experts to provide financial solutions to investment managers, public, corporate, and multi-employer pensions as well as municipalities, government agencies and corporate entities.
The firm has offices in New York, Chicago, Chapel Hill, and San Diego and is a FINRA-registered Broker-Dealer, California-certified Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE), Certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), and SIPC member.
It employs veterans and service-disabled veterans, including those returning from post-9/11 service, in areas including capital markets, investment banking, public finance, and trading.