IDENTEC GROUP, a global RFID solutions provider that capitalizes and grows companies in B2B and B2C RFID markets, has completed a $7.5m equity capital round with private investors.
Previously known as RFID Invest, the company intends to use the proceeds from the financing to futher expand in the US and in key international markets and fund organic growth of its businesses. IDENTEC currently holds 100% or a significant stake in nine companies (four of them are based in the US), which develop and market RFID solutions that identify, measure, track, and trace assets and people across the value chain, delivering actionable information through the cloud.
In details, they develop solutions for:
– preventing heat-related illness in athletes, rescue personnel and industrial workers;
– shrinkage control, inventory, and beverage management in the hospitality industry;
– tracking containers, trucks, and heavy equipment in ports;
– assisting government and military operations with the secure and safe transport of high value cargo;
– managing material assets in the building of power plants and large industrial projects, and real-time tracking of fresh foods from field to fork.
Led by CEO Dietmar Amann and Chairman Martin Zumtobel, the company has global headquarters in Vaduz, Liechtenstein and US offices in Dallas, Texas.