Alexander Navab, an experienced global private equity investor and former Head of Americas Private Equity at KKR, has launched Navab Capital Partners (NCP), a new private investment firm.
NCP will specialize in private equity investing across upper mid-cap to larger enterprises in North America across a range of industries, including:
– Financial Services, and
The firm has also established a philanthropic foundation that will supply financial and human capital to its initiatives.
The team also includes:
– Robert (Bob) Berlin, who joins as a Partner after working at The Baupost Group for ten years bringing wide-ranging private investment experience across consumer, value-add industrials, technology services and financials;
– Ram M. Jagannath, who joins as a Partner from The Carlyle Group where he was a Managing Director in Carlyle’s flagship US Buyout fund, focused on healthcare,
– Annette K. Rodriguez, who joins as a Partner from Warburg Pincus where she was a Managing Director, responsible for investments across consumer, retail, healthcare, industrials and business services,
– Mark Schroeder, who joins as Partner and Chief Financial Officer, bringing over four decades of experience to the firm as a Senior M&A Partner at Deloitte, leading global private equity transactions in North America, Europe and Asia, and as a senior advisor to management and the Audit Committee of Uber Technologies,
– Michael A. Gaviser, who joins as Managing Director, Head of Capital Raising and Investor Relations, bringing over twenty-five years’ experience. Gaviser was formerly at KKR, leading the firm’s global registered products efforts, including fundraising, new product development, marketing and distribution. Prior to joining KKR, he was at Alliance Bernstein as Senior Managing Director and Head of Global Alternative Sales and Client Development,
– Bhavna Vashisht Katkar, who joins as Managing Director, Chief Administrative Officer and Head of Human Capital, bringing twenty years of financial services experience to the firm across business operations and human capital. Katkar was most recently with KKR for nearly ten years, where she led Private Markets Human Capital for the Americas. Previously, Katkar worked at Bear Stearns and Morgan Stanley,
– Georgia Levenson Keohane, who joins as Managing Director to lead Environmental, Social and Governance initiatives and to serve as President of the firm’s philanthropic Foundation. Keohane brings more than two decades of experience in social impact across the private, nonprofit and public sectors, most recently as Executive Director of the Pershing Square Foundation and Professor in the Social Enterprise Program at Columbia Business School.
Alex Navab is the former Co-Head and Head of the Americas Private Equity Business at Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co (KKR) and has over 30 years of experience in financial services and private equity.
He joined KKR in 1993 and held several leadership roles at the firm, including member of the Management Committee, Chair of the Americas Private Equity Investment Committee, Chair of the Americas Portfolio Management Committee, and Head of the Media and Communications Team (2002 – 2008). During his leadership of the Americas Private Equity business (2008 – 2017), KKR committed over $14 billion of capital through the Americas dedicated private equity and growth funds, in over 50 companies across a wide variety of industries. KKR’s Americas Private Equity platform had over $36 billion of assets under management at the time of Navab’s departure.
Prior to KKR, Navab was with James D. Wolfensohn Incorporated from 1991 to 1993 where he was involved in mergers and acquisitions as well as corporate finance advisory work.
From 1987 to 1989, he was with Goldman, Sachs & Co. where he worked in the Investment Banking Department.
Navab was born in Isfahan, Iran and is Hellenic-Iranian-American.
He is actively involved in philanthropic, educational, community and national organizations and serves on the Board of Directors of Fidelity National Information Systems, Inc. (“FIS”) and of Cornerstone Capital Group. He is a member of the Board of Trustees at New York-Presbyterian Hospital; a member of the Board of Directors at The Robin Hood Foundation; a member of the Columbia University Board of Trustees; a member of the Board of Dean’s Advisors at Harvard Business School; a member of the Council on Foreign Relations; a member of the Executive Advisory Council at the George W. Bush Presidential Center; a member of The Hamilton Project Advisory Council; and on the Executive Committee at The Hellenic Initiative.