ff Venture Capital, a New York NY-based seed- and early-stage venture capital firm, has added Andrew Buemi as Director of Communications.
The firm also announced seven promotions including Ryan Armbrust (Managing Director) and core members of the acceleration team including Paul Bianco, Director, Rich Duda, Director, Fund Accounting, David Frankel, Senior Associate, Andrew Kangpan, Associate and Steven Greenberg, Associate.
Led by John Frankel, founding partner, ff Venture Capital is a seed- and early-stage venture capital firm in the U.S. focusing on technology and technology-enabled companies including UAVs, smart locks, cloud-based security, machine learning, enterprise software and crowdfunding, across geographies and emerging industries.
Since 2008, ffVC has invested in more than 80 companies and created aggregate market value exceeding $2.5 billion. In 2015, the firm added ten new companies to the portfolio, including:
– The Better Software Company, which provides fully integrated software solutions for small businesses,
– cielo24, which provides searchable captions, media data and insights for the education, enterprise, and entertainment markets,
– Drop Loyalty, a mobile-first intelligent rewards platform targeting the millennial demographic,
– FounderSuite, which provides startups with fundraising, PR, IR and more, with an extensive Startup Docs collection and recently launched FoundersMarket featuring curated deals,
– OneMove, which connects moving and transportation companies to facilitate long distance moves,
– Opencare, which is a data-driven doctor recommendation engine that matches people with doctors,
– Staffly, which instantly connects retailers with screened, insured, and trained staffers through their mobile devices,
– Sure, which delivers on-demand insurance focused on micro-duration policies and personal property,
– Top Flight Technologies, which develops Unmanned Aircraft Vehicles (UAVs) focused on extended flight time and enhanced payload capabilities, and
– Wade & Wendy, which brings artificial intelligence to the HR/recruiting space.