Denali Therapeutics Inc., a San Francisco, CA-based biotechnology company that develops treatments for neurodegenerative diseases, launched with $217m in funding.
The founding investors include Fidelity Biosciences, ARCH Venture Partners, Flagship Ventures, the Alaska Permanent Fund (represented by Crestline Investors), sovereign wealth funds, public mutual funds and private family offices.
Led by Dr. Ryan Watts, Co-Founder, Acting CEO and CSO, Alexander Schuth, COO, and Dr. Marc Tessier-Lavigne, Co-Founder and Chairman of the Board of Directors, Denali Therapeutics focuses on the discovery and development of therapies for patients with neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, ALS and others.
Beyond Watts, Schuth and Tessier-Lavigne, Denali’s other founding board members are:
– Robert Nelsen, Managing Director and Co-Founder of ARCH Venture Partners
– Stacie Weninger, Executive Director of Fidelity Biosciences Research Initiative
– Douglas Cole, Managing Partner of Flagship Ventures
– Stephen Knight, Managing Partner of Fidelity Biosciences
– Jay Flatley, CEO of Illumina, Inc.
– Vicki Sato, Professor of Management Practice at Harvard Business School, and
– David Schenkein, CEO of Agios Pharmaceuticals, Inc.