Gametime, a San Francisco, CA-based mobile platform for last-minute access to sporting events, closed $4m in financing.
The round was led by Accel Partners with participation
– Jeff Mallett, a principal partner of the San Francisco Giants, co-owner and director of the Vancouver Whitecaps FC and Derby County FC and former founding president and COO of Yahoo!,
– Vivek Ranadive, CEO & Founder of Tibco and owner of the Sacramento Kings.
– Sam Shank, Co-Founder and CEO of HotelTonight,
– Jared Simon, Co-Founder and COO of HotelTonight,
– Aaron Levie, Founder of Box, and
– Colin Evans, founding executive at StubHub, who joined as chief revenue officer.
The company, which has raised $5m to date, intends to use the funds to continue the development of the user experience and hire new people (read here).
Led by Brad Griffith, CEO and Founder, Gametime provides a mobile-first ticketing platform for last minute sports tickets. It allows fans to buy access to MLB, NFL, NCAA, NBA, NHL and MLS venues. The mobile application is currently available on iOS and Android in 18 major markets across the United States.