Signal Sciences, a Los Angeles, California-based startup focused on building a new approach to web application defense, closed a $2m seed financing round.
The round was co-led by Harrison Metal and O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures with participation from individual investors:
– Alex Stamos – CISO, Yahoo
– Bob Pasker – Technologist, advisor, and investor
– Chad Dickerson – CEO, Etsy
– Dan Kaminsky – Co-Founder/Chief Scientist, White Ops
– Gene Kim – Founder of Tripwire, and co-author of “The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win”
– Jim Manico – Security Researcher and Global Board Member, OWASP.
In conjunction with the funding, Michael Dearing, Founder of Harrison Metal, will be joining the Signal Sciences board while Bryce Roberts, Co-Founder/Managing Director of O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures, will be joining the board as an observer.
Led by Andrew Peterson, CEO, Signal Sciences is building a software as a service platform to provide practical, proven defenses for organizations. based on real world experience defending high traffic organizations.
Over the coming months, the company is partnering with market leaders for private deployments prior to general release.
It is hiring ([email protected]).