SocialRadar, a Washington, DC-based provider of social location-based technology, closed $12.75m in Series A funding.
The round was led by New Enterprise Associates, Grotech Ventures and SWaN & Legend Ventures, with participation from:
– Steve Case, co-founder of America Online;
– Ted Leonsis, owner and CEO of Monumental Sports & Entertainment;
– Dave Morin, co-founder and CEO of Path;
– Steven Gruber, managing partner at Oak Hill Capital Partners; and
– Mark Ein, CEO of Venturehouse Group and owner of the Washington Kastles.
– Kevin Colleran, Venture Partner at General Catalyst Partners
– Roger Novak and Jack Biddle, Founders of Novak Biddle Venture Partners;
– Matthew Pittinsky, CEO of Parchment and co-Founder of Blackboard;
– Tom Davidson, CEO of EverFi;
– Dan Cane, CEO of Modernizing Medicine;
– Andrew Rosen, General Manager of Education Technology at The Advisory Board;
– Peter Corbett, CEO of iStrategyLabs;
– Dan Mindus and NextGen Angels; and
– other individual investors.
In conjunction with the funding, Dayna Grayson from NEA, Steve Fredrick from Grotech Ventures, Fred Schaufeld from SWaN & Legend Venture Partners and Kevin Colleran, will join the company’s board.
Led by Michael Chasen, President & CEO, SocialRadar is building technology that makes users aware of the people and connections around them. The company is building applications on iPhone, Android and Google Glass and is accepting registrations for its beta at www.socialradar.com.