Airspace Link, Inc., a Detroit, MI-based provider of drone safety software and data solutions, closed a $23M Series B funding.
The round was led by Avanta Ventures with participation from Morningside, Caprock, and follow-on investment from Altos Ventures, Indicator Ventures, 2048 Ventures, Detroit Venture Partners, and Thales Group.
The company intends to use the funds to expand operations and its business reach.
Founded in 2018 by CEO Michael Healander, Airspace Link Airspace provides a cloud-based platform, called AirHub®, which gives access to the digital infrastructure needed to support the safe use of recreational and commercial drones in communities at scale, supporting the growth of drone operations, drone service providers, drone manufacturers, package delivery, and air taxi deployment in the future.
The company has raised a total investment of $37M, and has a team of near 50.
With this funding, Airspace Link will continue to invest in and expand on initiatives to support the safe scaling of drone usage through:
- Delivering safe, performant, and neutral Supplemental Data Service Provider (SDSP) and UAS Service Supplier (USS) capabilities to enable the acceleration of UAS Traffic Management (UTM) ecosystems.
- Partnering with and supporting drone manufacturers, operators, software, and service providers to jointly execute on our shared vision.
- Strategically expand services globally, with partners like Thales Group and Esri, to support our current customers’ expansion and new market development.
- Expanding Airspace Link’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) public-private partnership, through programs such as LAANC USS, BEYOND, Remote ID, and more initiatives in the United States.
- Continuing to partner with State & Local Government to drive investment supporting drone infrastructure, enabling them to unlock economic, environmental, and social equity objectives delivered through advanced aerial mobility.