The amount of the deal, which is subject to regulatory approval and is expected to close in the coming months, was not disclosed.
This acquisition will, over the coming months, allow Walmart Health to provide access to virtual care across the nation including urgent, behavioral and primary care, complementing in-person Walmart Health centers.
Founded in 2010 by Dr. John Shufeldt and led by chief executive officer Bill Goodwin, MeMD is a comprehensive telehealth solution providing on-demand, online care for common illnesses, injuries and behavioral health issues to consumers and businesses nationwide. Today, it delivers medical and mental health visits to millions of members nationwide.
MeMD is a The company leverages the latest technologies and a highly skilled network of providers and therapists to treat the whole person, affordably and conveniently, from a computer, phone or mobile device.
Walmart Health offers full-service, primary, urgent and preventive healthcare, with or without insurance, including:
- Primary & Urgent Care: Includes pediatric and adult check-ups, most labs, pregnancy, flu, mono and strep tests and stitches.
- Counseling: Includes 30, 45 and 60-minute counseling sessions.
- Dental: Includes exams, x-rays, pediatric and adult teeth cleaning, porcelain crowns, in-office teeth whitening, deep tooth and gum cleaning, emergency treatment for dental pain and fillings, as well as other services (dental services coming to Elm Springs in July).
- Optometry: Includes routine vision exams and contact lens fittings.
- Hearing: Includes hearing exams.