Oula, a Brooklyn, N.Y.-based pregnancy care startup, closed a $3.2M seed funding round.
The round was led by Collaborative Fund with participation from Female Founders Fund, 8VC, Metrodora, Kapor Capital, Rock Health, January Ventures, and Great Oaks along with prominent healthcare operators including Tom Lee, founder of One Medical and Kate Ryder, founder & CEO of Maven Clinic.
This new round of funding will be used to make key investment in:
- A prenatal clinic opening in Brooklyn Heights in early 2021
- A collaborative care model, comprised of midwives and obstetricians as well as doulas, lactation consultants, therapists, and nutritionists
- Virtual coaching and monitoring that extends care into the home from preconception to postpartum care
- Event programming covering a range of evidence-based topics to guide informed decision making
- A site for the Oula birth center in Manhattan to offer women another birth option later in 2021
Oula combines obstetrics and midwifery care to treat birth as a natural life event, with medical interventions only when necessary. Through an experienced clinical team, modern clinics, and a remote care platform, Oula delivers a personalized maternity experience that is grounded in evidence and personal preferences.