UC Berkeley SkyDeck, a Berkeley, Calif. – based startup accelerator of the University of California at Berkeley, announces that in the past six months–seven of its recent cohort startups raised seed rounds.
Together the startups – coming from all sectors including AI and ML, robotics, fintech, medtech and more – raised approximately $32 million.
- Coreshell, a developer of nanolayer coating technology for rechargeable batteries;
- MindsDB, an open source ML and AI making it easier for developers to use neural networks to gain predictive insights that allow companies to make better business decisions
- iDentical, a maker of drill-free 3D-printed dental implants
- SuperAnnotate, an AI-powered end-to-end image annotation platform for data scientists and labeling teams
- ThinkCyte, a biotech company using advanced optics, ML and biotechnology to develop novel cell therapies, drug discovery and clinical diagnostic platforms
Investors came from Open Ocean, Point Nine Capital, Flint Capital, SPARX Group and other angel investors.
In the current SkyDeck cohort, international startups come from Armenia, Canada, Chile, Germany, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Russia, and Taiwan. Among the startups which received funding is SuperAnnotate AI, founded by Tigran Petrosyan and Vahan Petrosyan from Armenia.
Berkeley SkyDeck is UC Berkeley’s global startup accelerator which combines hands-on mentorship with resources of its research university. It provides funding for its startups via a public-private partnership, providing returns directly back to UC Berkeley via the Berkeley SkyDeck Fund, a dedicated investment fund supported by top institutional VCs like Sequoia and Mayfield. Participating startups have access to SkyDeck’s 250 advisors, 50 industry partners, and a network of more than 510,000 UC Berkeley alumni. To date, SkyDeck startups have raised over $1.2 billion in aggregate.