FireEye, Inc. (NASDAQ: FEYE), a Milpitas, Calif.-based intelligence-led security company, acquired Cloudvisory, a Dallas, TX-based provider of continuous visibility, compliance, and security policy governance solutions for multi-cloud and data center assets.
The amount of the deal was not disclosed.
With the acquisition, Cloudvisory technology will expand cloud security capabilities of FireEye Helix, allowing customers to monitor multi-cloud environments, manage hybrid-cloud firewalls and integrate security for container platforms. The expanded offering will assess configurations against compliance standards and best practices, deliver ongoing monitoring of environments, and report on actions that are out of compliance, providing visibility into which user activities and compliance issues can increase an organization’s risk profile.
Founded in 2013 and led by Lisun Kung, co-founder and chief executive officer prior to the acquisition, Cloudvisory offers a complete centralized security management solutions for audit, compliance, micro-segmentation and enforcement through cloud-native controls of the various cloud platforms.
The solution, which operates across AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, OpenStack and VMware, as well as traditional virtualized and bare metal environments, is designed to provide:
– Visibility into network data traffic for workloads, applications, and microservices
– Ability to detect and remediate misconfigurations and malicious activities across multiple cloud providers
– Compliance assurance standard benchmarks for CIS, PCI, HIPAA, GDPR, and compliance requirements
– Advanced compliance assurance controls
– Ability to detect, alert, block, and quarantine attacks using cloud-native microsegmentation.
FireEye has over 8,500 customers across 103 countries, including more than 50 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.