London, UK and Luxembourg based Hiro Capital has launched a €100m fund to back UK and EU leaders in the global Games, Esports and Digital Sports sectors.
The founding team includes:
– Ian Livingstone CBE, the game industry legend who co-founded Games Workshop),
– Luke Alvarez, Inspired Entertainment co-founder, and
– Cherry Freeman, Britain’s ‘Coolest Female Founder’ and co-founder of LoveCrafts.
They will use the fund to accelerate the growth of about 20 UK and European Games and Sports innovators.
Hiro Capital will generally invest at the post-seed stage, at Series A and B. The fund will back deep technology entrepreneurs and creative studios in Games, Esports and Digital Sports and in sector-specific applications of Cloud, Mobile, Streaming, Big Data, AI, Wearables, AR and VR technologies.
As well as financial investment, Hiro Capital works with its entrepreneurs to help them scale, from assisting in early-stage planning and product development, to strategy, global expansion and exit timing.
The Fund’s team of 10 also includes:
– Simon Cornwell, (Non-exec Investment Director),
– Spike Laurie, (Esports Venture Director),
– Thomas Martens, (DACH & Sports Venture Director), and
– Alistair Hopkins, (Technology Venture Director).