Oska Wellness, a Carlsbad, Calif.-based provider of technology-driven wellness solutions, raised $5.5m in first funding.
– Greg Battle, Former director design, manufacture, distribution John Deere Australia/New Zealand, McDonald’s licensee Perth, Australia;
– Leslie H. Cross, chief executive officer of Alphatec Spine and former chief executive officer of DJO;
– Stephen Cushman, founder of Cush Enterprises;
– Mick Dannin, chief executive officer of the Noël Group;
– Falls Angel Fund, LLC, formed in April 2016 and based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota;
– Luke Faulstick, chief executive officer of South Dakota Partners, and former chief operating officer of DJO;
– GlobalLink1 Capital, global investment firm managing long-term investments across multiple asset classes including private equity, venture capital, and strategic financing;
– Bill Koman, chief executive officer and chairman at The Koman Group;
– Richard Mejia, Retired EY Partner;
– Eric Nagel, partner and semiconductor analyst at Inflection Point Research;
– Dr. Murray Rosenthal, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine and fellow of the American Psychiatric Association;
– T. Denny Sanford, South Dakota businessman and the country’s preeminent healthcare philanthropist, founder and owner of First Premier Bank, and chairman and chief executive officer of United National Corporation;
– Keith Valentine, president and chief executive officer of SeaSpine Holdings Corporation.
The company intends to use the funds for sales, marketing, distribution and product development.
Founded in 2015 by Greg Houlgate, Oska Wellness provides Oska Pulse, a drug-free pain relief device that is clinically proven to reduce inflammation, increase circulation, improve mobility and relieve pain. It utilizes Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) technology, which is commonly used in doctors’ offices and clinically proven to work at the source of pain by accelerating the body’s ability to repair injured cells and increasing blood flow.
Oska Pulse can be purchased online at www.oskawellness.com, FSAstore.com, HSAstore.com and Amazon.
The company is also expanding in to key healthcare channels with adoption and utilization of its pain management device, Oska Pulse From Your Doctor, with key partners, including Scripps Hospitals and Integrative Medicine Clinic, Sanford Health and Kaiser Permanente.