Vue.ai, a Redwood City, Calif. – based provider of a platform for intelligent retail automation, raised $17m in Series B funding.
The round, which brought total capital raised to $27.5m, was led by Falcon Edge Capital, with participation from Sequoia Capital India and Global Brain, a GP of KDDI Innovation Fund.
The company intends to use the funds to grow the team, deliver on the product roadmap and scale its existing customer base, which already includes retailers from across the globe like Macy’s, Mercadolibre and Tata.
Launched by Ashwini Asokan and Anand Chandrasekaran in 2016, Vue.ai is a computer vision and artificial intelligence platform for intelligent retail automation. It combines seven different products (see them below) to offer retailers a unified system used as a ‘neural network’ for decision-making. Using a centralized data brain, the platform digitally maps a retail product’s DNA, then translates product information into language that teams can understand. This enables retailers to decode the qualities of their merchandise, make intelligent updates and deliver improved experiences along every step of the customer journey.
Vue.ai products include:
– VueTag: Automated tagging to streamline product catalogs and inventory management
– VueCommerce: Real-time personalized styling recommendations for shoppers
– VueModel: AI-generated human models, saving brands millions in offline photography, styling and merchandising costs
– VueStyle: An AI stylist that automates outfitting based on users’ personal style and preferences
– VueFind: Personal style-focused visual search and product discovery
– VueMail: Real-time dynamic email personalization, including AI-powered style recommendations to boost conversions
– VueStudio: Makes any branded content shoppable instantly, using instant visual search tech
The company also has offices in Chennai, India.