Kleiner Perkins, the legendary venture capital firm based in Silicon Valley and investing globally, closed its 18th fund, at $600m.
According to an announcement, KP 18, the new vehicle, will focus on investing in early-stage startups.
Investments will focus on improving both:
– tools helping us do our jobs and free up time for personal health, self fulfillment, and improvement;
– software powering all areas of business infrastructure, from developer tools to vertical-specific applications;
– solutions addressing fundamental economic and urban shifts;
– tech solutions digitizing the way we live, eat, and move.
– New foundations of both hardware and software, and increasing focus on security and identity.
The team includes:
– Annie Case,
– Josh Coyne,
– Monica Desai,
– Ilya Fushman,
– Mamoon Hamid,
– Wen Hsieh,
– Ted Schlein,
– Bucky Moore.
Have a look at the firm’s thesis framework and tagets here: