NRD Capital, a private equity firm headquartered in Atlanta, established NRD Tech Ventures, a subsidiary of the broader investment fund.
Formed in late 2017, when the company partnered with Arke Systems and FRM Solutions, two Atlanta-based firms focused on digital marketing strategy and CRM for franchise and multi-unit businesses, NRD Tech Ventures focuses on investing in early to mid-stage technology companies serving the restaurant, hospitality, franchise, and healthcare industries.
In 2018, NRD Tech Ventures made five additional investments:
– Harri, a talent management solution that allows operators to build, manage, and engage hospitality teams from a single system
– Huddle, a gamified training application to onboard, upskill, and train workforce
– Next, a work sharing platform enabling shift sharing by crew members across the stores belonging to a multi-unit operator, thereby reducing overtime, increasing retention and improving service metrics
– ShiftOne, a mobile application that motivates employees with data and recognition, allowing operators to manage operations through discrete missions
– ValyantAI, customer-facing, restaurant ordering AI currently focused on drive-thru quick-serve restaurants
In 2019, NRD Tech Ventures will continue to build upon the success of these new investments and to evaluate technology solutions that have the potential to drive significant enterprise value and operational efficiency.
To support the growth of its technology portfolio, NRD Tech Ventures named Nizar Allibhoy as an Operating Partner. Allibhoy will lead NRD Tech Ventures’ existing portfolio, and will help direct its future investment activity. He has a significant track record of success in founding, building, and operating technology companies across multiple industries.