Social SafeGuard, a Charlottesville, VA-based provider of software for digital risk protection, raised $11m in Series B funding.
Backers included AllegisCyber and NightDragon Security. As part of this funding, Spencer Tall, managing director of AllegisCyber, will now join the Social SafeGuard board.
The company intends to use the funds to expand its platform and go-to-market activities.
Founded in 2014 by Jim Zuffoletti, CEO, and led by and Otavio Freire, president and chief technology officer, Social SafeGuard provides businesses with cloud-based software to manage the full life cycle of digital risk protection, so enterprises can detect, analyze and prevent attacks in real time – while automating governance and compliance.
The Social SafeGuard platform helps security, risk, compliance and brand leaders protect their company’s presence across more than 50 digital and social channels, including:
– External social platforms (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube);
– Mobile chat platforms (e.g. WhatsApp, WeChat);
– Unified communications platforms (e.g. Skype for Business, Jabber); and
– Cloud applications (e.g. Salesforce, Veeva, Office365);
– Internal collaboration platforms (e.g. Slack, Yammer, Chatter, FB Workplace IBM Connections);
– News and blog sites (e.g. RSS, Mashable, Reddit); and
– Dark web threats (e.g. dark web, app stores, paste bins sites, etc.).
Customers and partners include Johnson & Johnson, Sun Life Financial, McAfee and other leading brands across 18 industries and 20 countries.