Anorak Ventures, a San Francisco, CA-based venture capital firm, raised $13m for its first fund.
According to a regulatory form filed with the SEC, Anorak Ventures Fund I L.P. has been subscribed by 33 investors.
Led by Greg Castle, an Entrepreneur and corporate marketer turned angel investor, Anorak Ventures focuses on investing in startups in such tech areas as virtual reality, augmented reality, computer vision, robotics, autonomous vehicles, artificial intelligence, satellite technology, video streaming, health & wellness, and IoT.
The firm works by sharing deal flow amongst a trusted network of top tier incubators, strategics, VCs and industry leading individuals.
Its portfolio includes:
– Simbe, which designs autonomous robots for retail applications,
– Ossic, a 3D audio smart headphone,
– IronOx, which is building robotic greenhouses to provide affordable, clean produce,
– Visby, which is developing holographic light field technology — codecs and capture solutions — for virtual and augmented reality,
– Loom.ai, a computer vision startup
– Stress Level Zero, a premiere virtual reality video game development company,
– Against Gravity, the first release is Rec Room, a virtual reality social club where players play active games against competitors around the world,
– Dishcraft Robotics, which builds robots for commercial kitchens, and
– OptimoRoutem which offers an efficient way to plan delivery and service routes.