BookDoc, a Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia-based medical health mobile application, launched with seed funding of undisclosed amount.
– Danny Yeung – founder of Groupon Hong Kong and the former CEO Groupon East Asia,
– Datuk Yvonne Chia – former CEO of Hong Leong Bank Berhad,
– Kenny Thing – Chief Marketing Officer of Manulife Insurance Berhad,
– Dato Sharil Tarmizi – former Chairman of Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Commission (MCMC),
– Dato Dr Maimunah – the former Deputy Director General of Health Malaysia,
– Dato Syed Budriz Putra – founder and former CEO of Sepang Aircraft Engineering which is an Airbus Group Company and
– Lee Mean Yeit – former Head of Strategy of Sime Darby Healthcare.
Founded in July 2015 by Chevy Beh, former Managing Director of BP Healthcare Group, and Joel Neoh, founder of Groupon Malaysia and former CEO of Asia Pacific for Groupon, BookDoc is developing a healthcare online platform to connects and unite patients and healthcare professionals.
The company will initially focus on corporate clients who wish to connect their employees with panel clinics and hospitals to improve workforce productivity, optimize health benefit cost, automate HR processes coupled with data analytics for better management of staff. Companies will receive an analytic dashboard that provides an overview of their staffs’ health seeking patterns to have a better understanding of staff’s medical needs for more relevant staff benefits, and more productive negotiation for staff insurance coverage.