bitFlyer, a Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan-based Bitcoin marketplace and settlement platform, raised approximately JPY 510m in funding.
Backers included Mitsubishi UFJ Capital Co., Ltd., Dentsu Digital Holdings, Inc., QUICK Corp., MITSUI SUMITOMO INSURANCE Venture Capital Co., Ltd., Venture Labo Investment Co., Ltd., and their respective funds.
The company intends to use the funds to continue to improve security and promote customer base expansion, strengthen revenues, and expand global business development.
Led by Yuzo Kano, CEO, bitFlyer operates:
– bitFlyer Lightning, a Bitcoin Exchange designed for professionals,
– chainFlyer, a website that provides a visualization of the blockchain,
– bitFlyer app for Android,
– adFlyer, an advertisement service built on Bitcoin, and
– Bitcoin Multi-Sig security.