The financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Led by Founder and CEO Tom Krackeler, who will join Zuora’s executive team, Frontleaf provides customer analytics software for subscription-based businesses to drive customer adoption and retention. The company and employees will be integrated into the company’s engineering and sales teams.
Following the acquisition, Zuora’s subscription commerce, billing and finance system will be combined with Frontleaf’s customer usage analytics platform to launch Z-Insights, a subscriber experience analytics solution for businesses including the following modules:
– Subscriber Identity, a real-time view of subscribers, derived by aggregating subscriber demographic and attribute data from multiple sources.
– Subscriber Moments – a live tool that gives access into what subscribers are doing, derived by capturing subscriber events from multiple sources.
– Subscriber Segments – Dynamic subsets of the subscriber population that enable companies to identify and take action on those segments.
– Subscriber Triggers – to trigger engagement with subscribers through multiple external channels and applications.
– Subscriber Dashboard – A view of an individual subscriber’s profile and status, including key identity attributes, active segments, moments timeline, usage and other activity metrics.
The product will be rolled out through a limited pilot program during the fall of 2015.