Wellframe, a Boston, MA-based digital health company, raised $1.5m in seed funding.
– Jonathan Bush, athenahealth CEO,
– Tim Draper, Founder and Managing Director of Draper Fisher Jurvetson,
– Sir Sabaratnam Arulkumaran, President of the British Medical Association,
– Russ Nash, Former Global Managing Director at Accenture,
– Carl Byers, Venture Partner at Fidelity Biosciences, and
– James Nahirny, Founder and Managing Partner, Leerink Capital Partners.
Led by CEO Jacob Sattelmair, Wellframe combines mobile technology, artificial intelligence and human-centered process design to connect people and amplify care.
The company delivers a iOS and Android platform for care management to healthcare stakeholders, which includes a mobile application for end-users, a cloud-hosted dashboard for care managers, a secure architecture that renders personalized clinical protocols as daily to-do lists and an artificial intelligence engine.
A member company of Rock Health’s fourth class, it has already completed clinical trials with academic medical centers.
In February, the company rolled out its platform at South Shore Hospital to allow clinicians to extend rehabilitation services to cardiology patients in between hospital visits, and expects to make a number of customer announcements among health plans and providers in the coming months.