Mobeus has backed the existing management team – led by Alan Gaby, Managing Director – in their management buyout and will support the company’s further international expansion. In conjunction with the deal, Mobeus Operating Partner Steve Curl has joined Tessella as investing Chairman. The company’s founder, Kevin Gell, remains on the board in a non-executive capacity. Guy Blackburn and Tom Chaloner will join the company’s board to represent Mobeus.
Founded in 1980, Tessella provides world leading organizations with science powered technology and consulting services such as:
– developing smarter drug trials;
– preserving the digital heritage of nations across the globe;
– minimizing risk in oil and gas exploration;
– controlling the orbit and attitude of satellites; and
– researching fusion energy.
The company currently employs over 200 people across the UK, the Netherlands and the USA recording a turnover in excess of £18m for the financial year ended 31 March 2012.