Milo.com, a Palo Alto, CA-based free website that prices more than 1.5m products at over 42,000 stores across the U.S., has raised $4m in Series A financing.
True Ventures led a round that included the following angel investors:
– Magid Abraham, comScore
– Harris Barton, former 49er
– Jeff Clavier, SoftTech VC
– Ron Conway, SV Angel
– Chris Dixon, Hunch, SiteAdvisor
– Russ Fradin, Adify
– Kevin Hartz, Eventbrite, Xoom, ConnectGroup
– Jawed Karim, YouTube
– Len Lodish, The Wharton School
– Aaron Patzer, Mint.com/Intuit
– Keith Rabois, Slide, PayPal, Yelp, LinkedIn, YouTube
– Aydin Senkut, Felicis Ventures
– Maurice Werdegar, Western Technology Investments
The new funding will be used to accelerate Milo.com’s consumer growth and partnership development. The company will continue to expand its real-time database daily, adding more products and stores.
In particular, Milo.com tracks the real-time availability and prices of products at stores across the U.S., making it easy for shoppers to research the best products, find the right prices and check where products are available near them.
In this way, shoppers save time and money and retailers listed on the website can better compete with e-commerce.