EpimAb Biotherapeutics, a Shanghai, China-based biopharmaceutical company specializing in bispecific antibodies, closed a $74m USD Series B financing round.
The round, which brings total funding so far to over $100M USD, was co-led by SDIC Fund and Sherpa Healthcare Partners, with participation from SCVC, further private investment entities, and the A round investors. With the successful close of the B round, both Dongfang Li from SDIC Fund and Cheng Xing from Sherpa will join the Board of EpimAb with immediate effect.
The company intends to use the funds to:
– continue to advance its clinical PhI/II program EMB01,
– expand its clinical pipeline of multiple therapeutic candidates into immuno-oncology and other areas, and
– grow its current capacities with the addition of a new CMC site in Suzhou for process development and pilot manufacturing
Led by Chengbin Wu, PhD, CEO and founder, EpimAb Biotherapeutics is a privately-owned biopharmaceutical R&D company based in Shanghai with a proprietary and efficient technology called FIT-Ig® (Fabs-In-Tandem Immunoglobulin) to generate bispecific molecules with antibody-like properties. With this platform, the company is creating a pipeline of its own novel bispecific antibody therapeutics focused around immuno-oncology and other areas of high value to patients. EpimAb is also committed to diversifying its pipeline through selective licensing of its platform to partners worldwide.
Next to Dr. Wu, the management of EpimAb consists of:
– Dr. Stephan Lensky, leading the financing and BD efforts as COO and CBO, and
– Dr. Bin Peng, CMO, heading the translational and clinical development programs.