Ananda Impact Ventures, a Munich, Germany-based impact venture capital firm, closed its third fund, at €50m.
Funders included entrepreneurs, family offices and institutional investors such as the European Investment Fund (EIF), Big Society Capital (BSC).
Led by founder and managing partners Florian Erber and Johannes Weber, Ananda Impact Ventures is a venture capital firm with a pan-European focus investing in technology-based, innovative impact startups creating solutions to pressing social challenges.
The new fund will invest in around 20 European impact enterprises in Ananda’s proven sectors.
The first five investments are already lined up with:
– MobileJob, and
The firm, which manages €80m in three funds, had already invested in active portfolio companies including:
– Auticon (IT consulting by people in the autism spectrum),
– IESO Digital Health (online psychotherapy) and
– Company Bike Solutions (e-bike leasing programs for corporates).
Exits included Kinderzentren Kunterbunt, which was sold to German publisher Klett.
Ananda also operates an office in London, led by Partner Lennart Hergel.
The team also includes:
– Bernd Klosterkemper, Partner
– Aline Vedder, Investment Manager
– Zoe Peden, Investment Manager
– Felix Ferstl, Associate
– Mike Kennedy, Venture Partner
– Beatrix Wiedemann, Backoffice & Marketing, and
– Katrin Lech, Team Assistant.
The fund’s advisory board include:
– Dr Christian Saller,
– Dr Thomas Jetter,
– Prof. Dr. Arne Kröger, and
– Diana Meyel.