Makers Fund, a San Francisco, CA–based new venture capital firm focused on the global interactive entertainment industry, raised $200m for its fund.
Founded by Jay Chi and Michael Cheung, Makers Fund backs new teams at Series A. To date, it has invested in 11 unidentified companies across eight cities in the U.S., Canada and Europe.
– Bossa Studios (video game developer),
– FaceIT (esports matchmaking platform),
– Genvid (interactive streaming engine),
– Typhoon Studios (Ubisoft veterans spinout studio),
– SuperData (gaming and esports market intelligence provider),
– tinyBuild (AA games publisher),
– Klang Games (genre-breaking simulationbased MMO) and
– Teacher Gaming (educational gaming content platform).
The team also includes Ryann Lai and Richie Zhu who bring local experience in North America and China.
The firm has a presence in San Francisco, London, Beijing and Tokyo.