HealthiPASS, a Chicago, IL-based patient check-in and payment technology provider for patients and providers, raised a $7.2m Series A funding round.
The round was led by FCA Venture Partners with participation from OCA Ventures, Healthy Ventures, HealthX Ventures, Waterline Ventures and a small group of strategic investors.
The company intends to use the funds to further innovate and expand the patient payments platform and sell into ambulatory healthcare settings across the country.
Led by CEO Rajesh Voddiraju, HealthiPASS provides a digital check-in and patient payments platform that aims to bring transparency and clarity to the patient payment experience.
– Self-service patient check-in.
– Real-time insurance eligibility verification.
– Instant and clear patient visit cost estimates (not just gross charges).
– Collection and storing of patient payment information.
– Automated collection of prior balances, copays and pre-service deposits at check-in.
– Automated collection of patient balance after insurance payments – without the need for paper statements, phone calls or debt collectors.
Patients use HealthiPASS to check-in to appointments at HealthiPASS-equipped practices with a swipe of their credit/debit card or by scanning a unique QR code or PASS. The platform processes the patient’s payment information, providing a cost-of-care estimate and incorporating insurance benefit plan details to make healthcare visits fast, easy and transparent.